Vision, Values, Rules & Principles
"Simple, clear purpose and principles give rise to complex and intelligent behavior.
Complex rules and regulations give rise to simple and stupid behavior."
- Dee Hock - founder and former CEO of Visa
Untethering the human spirit with the workplace
- Code Craft (includes/implies Code Quality and Technical Excellence)
- Self-organization (includes/implies Trust and Collaboration)
- Shared Vision (includes/implies Shared Single Purpose and Alignment)
FAST creates a complex adaptive system via simple rules:
- Do the right thing (for the release)
- Be a team player i.e. be a coach and be coachable
- Be a T-shaped player (a generalizing specialist)
- Strive for excellence in your craft
- The right people will work on the right things at the right time
- Work will emerge and get done in the order that it needs to happen